Sunday 26 June 2011

Jam Filled Vanilla Cupcakes

Friday was my last day working at Frucor. Traditionally in R&D the team does a big morning tea & farewell for people when they leave, but I decided to bake too.

I baked some vanilla mini cupcakes & filled them with raspberry jam for a tasty surprise.
  I baked my usual vanilla cupcakes, then once the cupcakes were cool I used a squeezy bottle with a small round tip filled with jam. To fill them I pushed the tip into each cupcake & squeezed some jam into each cupcake.
Then I iced each cupcake with the 1M Wilton tip with pale pink buttercream & added homemade purple fondant flowers.

Vanilla Cupcakes:

125g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 t baking powder
125mL milk
3 eggs
1 t vanilla essence

Cream the butter & sugar, add the remaining ingredients & beat with an electric mixer at low speed for 1 minute. The batter should be smooth & light.
Half fill paper cases (my mini cases use about 1T batter) & bake at 180C for about 13-15 minutes.
Remove from oven & cool on a wire rack.


Makes about 40 mini cupcakes.


Buttercream Frosting (from the Wilton decorating course I completed earlier this year):

190g vegetable shortening (I use Kremelta or Sno Creme from Milly's Kitchen)
1/2 t clear vanilla flavour (Wilton)
1/2 t clear butter flavour (Wilton)
7-8 t milk or water (I use water)
450g icing sugar, sifted
1T Wilton Meringue powder

Cream the shortening (you may need to soften in the microwave 1st), flavours & water.
Add the dry ingredients & mix on medium with an electric mixer. Once all mixed it will be quite dry.
Mix on high speed for another minute until light & fluffy.
Add more liqud until desired consistency & mix well. Note: I use Wilton gel colours so they don't water down the iciing, if using liquid colours you will need less liquid in the icing to start with.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment