Sunday 12 June 2011

My first attempt at sewing....

Way back in February when Mum & Dad were on holiday I had Mum's sewing machine at home.... I decided while Mum wasn't around to just make whatever I needed, I'd have a go myself...

1st project: new aprons
I decided that making a couple of fun coloureful aprons would be a simple 1st project as I could use another apron as the pattern & just have a go. So I went to spotlight & bought some bright pink & green gingham & set about cutting out & sewing 2 full aprons.
It went pretty well & I'm happy with the finished result, especially since I hadn't sewn in about 18 years!

There was plenty of fabric left over so I made a couple of half aprons too, ready for gifts for other people. Olivia has already been the recipient of the pink half apron for her baby shower last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment