Sunday 30 September 2012

New baby pants from old shorts!

When I last went shopping for new clothes for Aiden (which is quite a frequent occurrence since he is growing so fast!), I was disappointed in the lack of long pants that weren't trackies or jeans. The weather is warming up so trackies are a bit too hot now. I found a few tutorials on line that had patterns for pants for babies, so I decided to make Aiden a couple of pairs from some old shorts of Gus'.

Before, 1 pair of mens shorts:

First I took apart the shorts by cutting the seams & unpicking the pockets on the back. I used a pattern from danamadeit.com, the shorts were just the right size for small pants:

I cut the shorts a bit smaller than the pattern as the pattern was for a size 2-3, but when I sewed it together they were too small! So I unpicked the outside leg seams & added a strip about 2" wide then resewed the legs back together, after seams there is just over an inch of extra fabric in the legs :) a good fix, looks OK & fits well :) maybe a bit too baggy in the legs, but a good fit over a cloth nappy bum!

After:

Plenty of room in the length for growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment