Friday 30 November 2012

Summer Baby Sleeping Bag

Last week I made Aiden a new sleeping bag for summer. I was sick of buying him new ones as he has grown out of 3 sleeping bags & almost a 4th already!
Luckily for me I had just got a voucher in the mail from Spotlight & the fabric was on sale. It's a nice dark navy blue cotton jersey.
I made a pattern based on his existing sleeping bag with an extra 10cm in length as that is where he is running out of room! I copied his existing sleeping bag & found some tips online, and came up with a double layer sleeping bag (so no need to bind the arm or neck holes as I sewed the rights sides together then turned it out), the zip has a guard at the neck & behind the zip to stop him eating the zip or the zip catching on his clothes, and I inserted the zip "upside down" so it opens from the bottom. Hopefully this, with a back up that I'll make next week, will see him through the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment